- What is "FiberSeal Stain Protection"? [+]
- FiberSeal is more than a 'Spray and forget product'. It is a total fabric care system with professional back-up services to maintain fabrics and carpeting in both residential and commercial markets.
The chemical properties of FiberSeal enable it to bond with individual fibres, protecting them against soil and stain penetration without altering the colour, texture or flame retardancy of the fabric. It also 'lubricates' those fibres, significantly reducing wear and therefore prolonging their life span. This is a particularly important point to the cost conscious buyer or specifier.
Once the FiberSeal has bonded fully it will have greatly reduced the absorbency of the fabric making it possible in many cases to blot out spills without recourse to cleaning agents, thus keeping the fabrics clean and new looking.
- How does FiberSeal Stain Protection work? [+]
- Once the product has been applied to the fabric it will penetrate evenly into the fabric and be absorbed by every fibre. Following the law that no two bodies can occupy the same space, it can be seen that the ability of the fibres to absorb any unwanted substances has been greatly reduced.
Although the drying time is approximately 3 hours it may take up to 3 days for the bonding process to be completed.
When professionally applied to soft floor coverings and interior fabric furnishings, the protective seal creates reduced absorbency, easier removal of foreign substances, and improved resistance to yarn loss from abrasion.
Compatible with all natural or man-made fibres and all constructions finishes and end-use employment, subject to precautions relating to colour fastness and other special conditions.
FiberSeal is suitable for new or existing installations. (Nominal soiling does not require pre-cleaning before application). Pre-checking for colour fastness of fabric or susceptibility of finish to adjacent hard surface areas is a standard procedure. As a non-chlorinated formulation there is seldom a need for masking.
- What is FiberSeal "After Care Service"? [+]
- A visit by a technician to check on bonding.
Supply of an aftercare kit for spotting and damp dusting, together with instruction on its use and an aftercare and maintenance manual for future reference.
Twelve months back-up service to assist with large volume liquid spills, dyes or acids etc.
- Why is there a need to protect fabrics and carpets? [+]
- There are two main types of soiling, real and apparent, and there are two main causes of soiling, direct contact and atmospheric.
The FiberSeal system enables the client to carry out maintenance as follows:
1) Damp dust the fabrics regularly, removing the soil as build up takes place, keeping the visual appearance good and significantly reducing the need for full cleaning.
2) Should spills or stains occur, with the correct use of the aftercare kit 90% of these can be removed, and a further 5% of the more difficult or uncommon stains.